Thursday, September 4, 2014

again...the saga continues...

We were in the village today because Noisemaker had to have his staples removed.  All went well, there was no heavenly body lifted to make his spirits somewhat brighter.

I had to hoist up 50 lb. water bottles which near took me to death, my word, I do not even weigh 100 lbs.  The job got done and I will pay for it tomorrow.  I cannot bring the water bottles to the abode so I will ask my good neighbor for some help.  It will not be a problem for him because he knows I bake!  He is a bachelor and appreciates so much a loaf, some cupcakes, anything I bake it is a Martha Stewart thing - it is a good thing.

My brother, the retired postman called me up the other day.  He wanted to know how the Noisemaker was progressing.  Nice that he called.  At the initial Hello, he stuttered, cough, and truly was a vocal mess...I said - Hello, Wesley - it is Okay - Everything is Cool.

We discussed the recent events/daily on-goings in his life and mine.  Everything was cool.  We lip flapped for about 15 minutes and then I said to my brother, oh my, I am cool.  I do not have a sweater so I best truck on into the house.  ah, Wesley says - you had to have a cigarette didn't you - yeppers, right you are - you superstar and now we all shine on. . .

Wes, I gotta go now.  I love you, goodnight.  Wesley replies - just one moment - I hear noises.  Then to the telephone I hear...a strum of the guitar...a voice comes in clearer...it sings...

Beverlee, everything is cool, everything's okay.  


John Prine - Everything Is Cool 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...