Friday, June 6, 2014

Egads - Latex Allergy

Last week I was outside doing some yard work - wearing my rubber boots.  The next day I felt an onslaught of sensations in my foot.  Pus pockets formed and I paid myself a visit to the doctor.  Eczema has set in.  

The next day, again, outside doing yard work - I wore a pair of garden gloves, the rubber type.  Ouch, ouch, ouch - major mistakes.  I called to the doctor and explained my newest ailment and he told me I was having an allergic reaction to latex - a latex allergy.

Latex/rubber based materials are in everything.  

I have a series of creams to put on this god awful ailment and I do hope it clears soon.  If not, I shall return to the clinic on Tuesday.  

It is hard to work with a ding up foot and two hands that look like a million bees had a great lunch.

Hope you all have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...