Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Another Day. . .

Well, smucksville I may as well forget about postings any pictures here as I am still not comfortable in doing so.  My word there are many a beautiful photos.  John Prine, baking, animals, me!  teehee.


Oh my, life on the mountain side does have it days of pure boredom.  The winter is so very long, but I am thankful that spring does eventually arrive.


My newest patch of tomato seeds shall be planted (indoors) this month.  I hope they grow up to be big and have strong stalks.  I talk to them everyday (the seeds - they are part of our family).  Yep, the mountain side life is getting to me.


My Noisemaker got the yen for german hot potato salad the other day and decided to strike on up the pots and pans/dishes/utensils in the kitchen.  The end result was not music to my ears.  Geez, I did not want to barge on in and say...well, you should be doing it this way.  I let him go on his merry way. 


What a disaster it was.  He did not understand that you do not boil potatoes forever when you are making a salad dish.  The potatoes had gone well beyond the mashed point.  One half cup (scant) vinegar means you do not knock the bottle and near add one cup. 


I tried to be polite in the taste testing but my god I near puked.  I swallowed what I had, took a drink, and told Noisemaker ...well, you best direct your endeavors to wood, not cooking.  The next day, he says well, I best toss this dish and I won't be making it again...I am not sure I want to cook again...perhaps just wieners and beans...easy stuff.  I replied the recipe you opted for said easy.  Yep, he says, I would not want to try any recipe that is difficult, I'd never make it.  I lowered my head and silently said, thank god.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...