Monday, February 24, 2014

The Olympics

The Olympics have come and will return from Rio in four years time.  I am proud of all the Canadian athletes ~ a few stand out as remarkable.  First being Carey Price from Anahim Lake, B.C. (just a short jaunt up the highway from where I reside).  Kudos also to Shea Weber growing up in the Sicamous/Salmon Arm of British Columbia.  He now is the captain of the Nashville Predators.  Last but not least is Jennifer Jones out of Winnipeg.  I have watched her curl for many years and I was very proud that she never lost a game through the trials and then proceeded to win gold. 


Congratulations to all our athletes representing Canada - whether they came home with a gold medal or not - they all have gold.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fphSKvAqQ





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...