Sunday, October 6, 2013

Spookarockarilla!

Yikers, a rock I found today - eerie!  Just in time for the month of Halloween!
 
On the mountain side, all the vegetables have been taken care of.  A nice crop of beets, potatoes, carrots - just enough for the Noisemaker and I.
 
Still tending to the tomatoes; they are indoors now.  Turning red and if all goes well, a big - huge salsa recipe will be in order.  Many of the tomatoes suffered from blossom rot - still unsure what actually happened, but the investigation carries on.
 
On the note of side; yesterday - eight years ago was the day my hero, died.  My Dad. 
 
I was out and about in the yard, my Noisemaker begons me...phone, Bev, phone.  Oh happy days it is my retired postman brother.  Oh and oops, I think he has had a few, but no matter to hear his voice - to lip flap about John Prine - good grief, and laugh/giggle - it is great!  I love him very much.
 
My brother and I were born in the same year, a special year 1955.  He was born in January, I came along in December. 
 
We are family, we Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...