Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cows And Cookies

Yesterday, I was doing volunteer work for our ladies auxiliary.  It was helping out selling raffle tickets for the gifts at our annual fall dinner.  I was trying to unload a boxed electric motor and I did manage that feat.  When I went to move it to the table, it became too heavy for me - I had to let it slip up a bit.  It did slip up a bit right onto my rib cage.  Ouch!  Even bigger ouch today; hurts to giggle and even near breathe.  No problem it will heal on up eventually.  What is hard is this trying not to laugh business.  That is not me!

I recently watched a video via youtube of a little girl in a dance class trying to learn her lesson - it is so funny.  Get on youtube and search for The Tragedy Of First Step Position.  After I had calmed myself from the laughter and holding my ribs, I regained and went off to see what my Noisemaker was up to.

He was in the kitchen ...says to me...oh, the deer are in the yard.  Then, I hear - it is not deer - it is (curse words) the cows.  I leaped to open the door, got my cow clearing stick and hit the drive a-runnin'.  I am waving my stick, yelling at the top of my lungs - move you heathens, move!  My ribs are killing me.  I see my seasonal neighbor come flying out of his abode yelling - oh the site of it all; near sent me to laughter.  There were about 12 - 15 cows all thundering down the path (they are in front of me), I am still yelling/waving my stick.  I looked for a split second what was coming behind me - holy smucksville, there is more!  They are thundering, I am thinking they are going to run me over.  I ran; waving my stick, still yelling into the bush.  I waited until they had passed which did take long and ran back out after them.  

By this time my neighbor and noisemaker have set themselves for round up time - rawhide is all I can think of ... I have to stop, my ribs are killing me.  I leaned up on my stick and I see my neighbors' daughter come out...she is laughing her head off.  Comes on over to me and asks if I am okay, she wants to know does this happen everyday, we start to laugh.  Oh my, I do try to regain and calm, it is hard.  We laugh it out, I am hanging on to my stick/holding my ribs.  Okay, calmness arrives.  The heathens have moved on.  I seek to get back into the house because just prior to the cow developments I was setting up to bake raisin cookies.

 
Raisin Cookies ~ Have A Nice Day!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...