Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Eyed Lydia

Good Lord, Lydia has lost her eye.  I searched and searched to no avail; so now she is one eyed Lydia.  But eh, she has orbs.
 
 
I did not have any green felt at hand so I slapped the eye on anyway.  You know Lyd does have to both eyes on her quest to search for Donald.  She still has her orbs.
 
One Eyed Lydia - reminds me of One Eyed Joe...Saddle In The Rain ~ John Prine.
 
Extended Verse
 
Southern stars blow lonesome still dark and high
Black clouds shifting orange as they go passing by
Like some cheap religious painting hanging in the sky
You just touch my face and I wanna break down and cry
Break down and cry
If she should ever come down this way - grab her by the throat and say won't you please explain my saddle in the rain
Farmers nympho daughter moans lets do it til the cows come home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...