Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Canada Day Weekend

Our community bingo has started up again for the summer months.  I baked Canada Day Cupcakes in celebration for Canada Day, Monday - July 1st.
 
More cupcakes and a cute little treat box.  The treat box I did up for the raffle table - inside the box is a cupcake resting on a bed of candies.  On the box is printed Yum-Yum and yummy, yummy is right.  Naj (Janis Ferguson aka skunkeyejan) at the Naj Mahal sent the treat boxes for me, she is such a good friend.  I tell you, that buttercream icing on the cupcakes, good lord - I can eat that stuff right out of the tub.
 
News from the mountain side, well - I am thankful I have not seen anymore black bears (I am still very good friends with my whistle).  The deer came by in full dead out run as a dog was chasing them.  The deer ran towards the (oh, I am city folk) - seasonal neighbors yard and the young lad was outside.  The fellow saw the deer racing full speed ahead and started up to yelling and cursing.  I stood back laughing knowing full well the deer would jump the fence.  The deer cleaned it and four feet to spare.  I went over to see how shaken the fellow was.  He was fine, but deer taken.  Of course, he had never experienced or saw anything of that nature before. 
 
Living here you see wildlife all the time.  Mother Nature she works in mysterious ways.  I know to work with the animals and Mother Nature, not against.
 
Happy Canada Day to you and yours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...