Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Good Day For Bargains

WOW - can't believe how much I saved today using coupons and loyality cards!  Just over $90.00!  That is the best I have done.  For anyone that believes utilizing coupons does not add up - think again. 

I had a coupon for Chapmans Ice Cream for $5.00.  The Blueberry/Cheesecake was on for $5.99 (two litre), I purchased it for $.99.  Chapmans Ice Cream is a treat for my Noisemaker and I.  Couponville was endless today.  I know the cashiers do not like customers using coupons (you can see them pout and tsk), but that is not my problem and I do not care.  I live on a budget and if I can purchase a product (on sale) with a coupon - those are dollars saved in my pocket.  As the cashier commented to me today, thank you for highlighting the expiration date, etc., I appreciate that.  I replied, I appreciate the savings!

While at the grocery store today, I had to wait for Noisemaker.  When I have to wait for him, I visit the magazine aisle.  Oh good lord, Rolling Stone was there...I was delighted; there is mega Bruce, Neil Young, but no John Prine.  I stood there in the aisle amazed at Bruce - talking out loud - oh Bruce ~ turned the page Oh good lord, here is Neil ~ flipped through the pages, no John Prine.  I continued to talk aloud - I told John that is okay, no problem, then I giggled.

Remembered this morning when I went to the porch with my cleats on I tap danced singing Prine, ah - just for Reeda.  She danced her feet off in her early years, danced at Bev's Dancing School - if I remember correctly.  My cleats do not click, tap, or ting like tap dancing shoes - it is just good fun, a good giggle, and a chance to sing Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...