Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012/2013

As the year is drawing to a close, I am taking a moment or two to reflect.

2012 was a good year.  I got to meet my Prine friend, Janis Ferguson and her husband, Brett.  We had a great lip flappin' time and a John Prine concert to which we loved and as always, the faucets in my eyes, opened up.

I got to meet David Jacques, finally.  The Hatch Print was completed on May 5th, 2012.  I was delighted to meet David, truly a gentleman - as is Jason Wilber and John Prine.

I am so very thankful for my Prine friends.  Living as remote as I do, the on line connection is very important for me.

I got to stratch a few names off my Prine Bucket Telephone List this year, I love doing that.  Dial up and all you have in common is Prine - you chat - before you know it - you have several ideas to yap about.  It just flows - like a broken down dam. 

I am thankful for my Noisemaker, geez and smucksville I would like to whip that fellow with a flinger.  But eh, and wowsville - we will be together forever - he is kind of 'golden'.  Yeppers, he is in the golden age of life.

57 seems like a good age, on my birthday I was thankful to speak with my brother - we laughed, we Prine - big time.  Always the first laugh is - eh, we are the same age now.  My brother was born January 1955 - I was born December 1955.  It is so special to lip flap with him. 

May you and yours find happiness and peace in 2013.  ah, throw in some John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and perhaps some of us will do the Luke!

Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...