Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Heron

Yesterday, my Noisemaker spotted a blue heron atop the roof on the lot next to us.  I sprang up and raced to get the camera, I was able to take this.  I should have made it bigger, but you can see it...to the left of the chimney stack.
 
Our community is coming up in the world, we now have cell phone service.  Not that I would get one because I do need a landline for this (many curse words) dial up service.  The tower that I spotted a week or so ago is a cell phone tower.  Oh, I so await high speed internet.  However, I am not going to complain much, I am glad to have access on the mountain side.
 
I picked five pounds of tomatoes today, good lord - my tomatoes abound!  Stupice Tomatoes, I grew this year; so full of flavor, I love them.  I froze two - two pound bags, I made homemade salsa, made hero deli sandwiches (endlessly), and now I am wondering ... hmm ... I do not want to see them spoil.
 
Ah, to the rescue this afternoon comes my neighbor, Gary B.  He is in need of flour.  He does not bake, he does not buy flour.  Gary B. has relations visiting for Thanksgiving weekend - cooking a turkey - but no flour for gravy.  He went home with his cup of flour and two pounds of my tomatoes, he was delighted.  A Happy Thanksgiving indeed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...