Friday, October 5, 2012

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
 
Recently, my brother and sister-in-law came to visit the Noisemaker and I.  As we were chatting, I asked my brother if he could do the - what I called it - wetunes thing (he corrects me, it is itunes) - and get me Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...
 
Oh my word ~ what shows up in the post box, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. 
 
CD - Title - Somewhere Over The Rainbow.  One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.  Great voice.
 
Unfortunately, IZ is no longer with us - he died in 1997.  As with all musicians of the past, his music ~ remains.
 
As does the memory of my Dad ~
March 14th, 1920
October 5th, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...