Wednesday, August 29, 2012

That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round - John Prine

A most wonderful day, I have had.  My niece gave birth this morning to a daughter, Addison Raine - 8 lbs. 4 oz.  My brother called to give me the news and of course, we got on to Prine. 

I did try to call him after Prine with Janis - and my new friend - her husband, Brett - remember, we all attended Prine - Vancouver - May 5th, 2012.  My calls were not answered, my brother does not answered his telephone, I leave messages.

Today he dialed up to me, to relay that once again, he is a Grampa.  He is very proud.  I was so happy for him, I could tell in his voice - he was elated.

Oh my, we chatted - lip flapped until his telephone failed.  We Prined.  We sang together, That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round.  We laughed.  My brother and I seem to have some -not special- ability to blend songs.  We seem to mix songs together, it comes out great - we sang them to each other today.  Then, the leaking faucet.  I tear up very quickly - don't I - Janis.  lol

Tomorrow is my Prine Day.  Noisemaker is off on vacation, I am thankful - I want peace/quiet/Prine/music - anything that strikes up my fancy I will do.  I love days like that - and I love a day when a birth happens - happens in my family - it is special.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...