Monday, August 20, 2012

Prine Count Down Is On!

Thank you for the photo Martin Doherty.
John Prine - Ireland

Oh, isn't this just lovely, lovely John Prine.  How nice would it be to sit in a beer parlor in Ireland and listen to John Prine.

Trust me, come August 30th bright and early, I'll be celebrating John Prine - only ten more days to go!  Noisemaker is off to the ocean shores, I opted for solo mountain time.  Enjoyment, peace, and quiet I shall have.  There will only be my headphones, John Prine, and I.  I will treasure the moments -  well, perhaps hours or days.  I know that when I take the fancy for music, music it shall be! I started to make a list.  John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, oh my if I could snatch on to that Luke Bryan cd, god help the neighborhood. 

I have a dvd list and a cd list.  Noisemaker has to write down how I am to work the television dvd/sound system.  I only know where the headphone jack is to go. 

Don't get me wrong here, I will miss my Noisemaker but time alone with my music well, it is a special treasure.  There will be lots of seasonal folks around and my fine neighbor down the way to help me out shall I require assisting. 

Speaking of my fine neighbor (his name is Gary B.), I took him over some of my Bean Casserole the other day.  Oh geez, he loved it.  Just prior to delivering to Gary B. I called to my seasonal neighbor to come and have some.  He replied, but I do not like beans - I said - well, you have not tried this, take it home and try it.  The next day he comes back and tells me, I like that.  I best check, I think I have the recipe posted here, but if not I will post along shortly.

Ten Days to Prine/Music/Peace
Countdown is On 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...