Friday, June 8, 2012

Wood ~ Glorious Wood

Oh geez, can you guess what I will be doing for the next week or so ... wood.  Wood, wood, glorious wood.  Of course, we all know I am a professional wood splitter/wood stacker/toe tappin'/john prinein'.  teehee  Every year we do this (many curse words) wood.  It is very hard work, very physical.  In a way that is good as it is good exercise.  I try to get out early each morning around 6 a.m. and by 12 noon well, I just think to myself it is 5 o'clock somewhere.  By that time, I am tired.  My noisemaker, he does most of the stacking because he is taller than I.  I stick mostly to splitting and singing Prine.  I can sing Prine and noises from the splitter become all my back up musicians.  Oh, it is truly a delight, I wish you all could join me.

Lydia got a makeover today.  Her radiant locks are nicely back in place along with her hat.  She is a happy little darling.  Lydia tells me this morning, where is my Donald - I have not seen him all spring.  I replied, oh Lydia do not fret - Donald will come around; he is probably busy doing wood.

Have a great weekend folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...