Friday, May 25, 2012

The Mountain Side

Oh my word, you should hear all the chatter on the mountain side today.  My two stepsons are here (Noisemakers' sons from his first wedding up) and the lip flappin' is in high gear.  Do not get me wrong, I do visit but I cannot much lip flap about those truck things.  Do I look like a person who knows what a lift kit is?  Yokohamas?  teehee

It is great to see them spending time together.  It does not happen enough and I suppose if it did, they would tire of each other.  

We are having a big dinner tonight, barbequed turkey, cheese mushroom potatoes, peas, and corn.  I fixed up an appetizer platter - sausage, cheese, pickles, crackers, etc.  I have spent some time in the kitchen but it is all for a good cause.

I was telling my oldest stepson Greg all about my trip to Vancouver to meet Janis and Brett Ferguson and to the concert of John Prine.  It puts me in pure Prine delight.  I recalled meeting David Jacques today, how special that was for me, simply sets me to smiling.

Tomorrow is a no cook day for me, we will have plenty of leftovers or rightovers, whichever you fancy up to.  Sunday, is a baking day - I bake for the clean up day in our community and that too is all for a good cause.

Enjoy your weekend folks - Prine at will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...