Monday, May 7, 2012

John Prine - Vancouver - 2012-05-05

A rare picture, I got the footwear!

Jason Wilber, Dustin Bentall, John Who, Kendel Carson, David Jacques.

Kendel Carson/Dustin Bentall were great, very talented people.

A very special couple sat in front of us.  Elderly folks ~ 75+.  You could sense, it was a very special day/evening especially for the Mrs.  She had her hair beauty parlored, they held hands, and did much head noddin'.  When John Prine played Sweet Revenge, oh my, the Mrs. was in her Prine.  I could have just hugged her - reminded me of my Mom.   

The songs Prine played were all special.  Some that fluttered me - One Red Rose.  Good grief, I had to get a tissue, I cried.  Sleepy Eyed Boy.  Oh my.  Sweet Revenge.  Lydia told me when I returned home, I hope you thanked John for singing my song - Donald and Lydia.

I did do the Paradise Wave, but not to the song Paradise.  I was so delighted and excitement filled me when John walked on stage, I waved Paradise right then.  I said Hello Johnny!    

Souveniers, John sang it for his brother - he said it was his favorite song.

I am not certain how many more years John will, in good health, be able to tour.  My word he is as old as my Noisemaker.  The spring he still has in his step and his backside - yeppers, I could have smacked it and said, cute buns - Johnny.   

For now, as the minutes with this day pass - I do sit and think - what a special weekend I have had.  hmm. I think I may lost for words, oh but wait....

It was golden 






No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...