Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Has Arrived

Pussywillows, spring has arrived.

It is a beautiful day outside, the birds are all in a flutter and I am too...only 29 more wake ups to John Prine.  28 to meet Janis/Brett Ferguson. 

Spring is one of my favorite seasons, everything comes a new.  I can plant a lil bit of a garden.  This year, I am starting inside as we have a very short season of summer.  I am going to plant, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, carrots, and a variety of herbs.  Stupice tomatoes are the best, such big flavor - they work great in a homemade salsa.  I purchased the tomato plants from Mr. Tom Ato, he lives about 15 miles up the road.

Easter weekend, so lots of seasonal folks are arriving on the mountain side.  Across the creek there are two young boys - ah, they have such fun.  They are very creative and never seem to disturb nature.  I heard them out there this morning, they were in the creek...one boy says - it is very cold in here, I laughed.

In celebration of Easter, may you all have a roof over your head, food on your table, and the kindness of friends.  Happy Easter to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...