Friday, April 27, 2012

John Prine - Vancouver - 2012-05-05

Just to warn you folks - from now on in - there will be several posts in regards to John Prine - Vancouver - 2012-05-05. 


To start, I will have Noisemaker ride me into the village (at 3 a.m. in the morning) to catch the Greyhound.  I will ride down the mountain side in hopes that I have not forgotten anything at home.  Once on the Greyhound, I will try to rest - I have a big day ahead of me.  (oh teehee, I'll just sit on that Greyhound with my cd player thingy, play Prine, Springsteen, Young (Gnarls Barkley and some golden oldies thrown in) and giggle. 


It will be such a special time for me.  I never thought I would see John Prine again - let alone be seeing him and meeting new Prine friends.  None of us are getting any younger - sad - but so true.  I wonder if this will be the last time I will see John Prine.  I wondered that in 2009 and here I am, 2012 - John Prine.  I do know, my luck won't last.  


I will make this the best first weekend in May I ever had.  I must keep in my mind when I get off the Greyhound and hail a taxi - to tell him - Blue Umbrella, please.  That is not the name of not of the hotel, but I would like to see the expression on his/her face.  I'll get in the taxi and Prine forth.


Naj and Brett Ferguson will have already arrived - holy smucksville can you imagine.  I have yapped with Naj for a number of years, and then - viola - here we are - In Person And On Stage - in front of the Blue Umbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...