Saturday, March 10, 2012

John Prine - Milwaukee

Great concert - one of the best - from my friend Charlene who attended the Milwaukee concert last night.  Charlene says John had a twinkle in his eye; and I think she said a skip in his step.  May not have been a skip but he had something in his step.  I wonder if he maybe would like to jump rope - skipping rope, I know lots of songs and can adapt them very well to any John Prine song.  What do you think, John - care to do a skipping rope song with me on some street in Vancouver?  (mega major giggle).

As luck rides with Charlene, she was in the lobby of a hotel - who do you think wanders in through the revolving door - yeppers...John Prine.  ah, wearing his fine leather jacket and a scarf - but she did not mention any footwear.  I was still struck by the telephone call but I should have been thinking the boots, the boots - footwear. 

Note to self - footwear, boots, skipping rope, skipping rope songs.  Oh my, now my mind is going; perhaps John takes a fancy to the tap dancing way.  I can do that - I can do three at one time - toe tappin', head noddin', john prinein and I will cover all of that in Vancouver.  teehee, hopefully with a partner.  But, if no partner, I am well acquainted with dancing on my own.  I do it all the time. 

Try to focus now - can you imagine skipping rope on Robson Street in Vancouver singing a Prine song, having Naj and Brett holding the rope, then who arrives but John Prine (oh my stomach is hurting from laughter).  Maybe John would jump in and we could do doubles.  Wild thought - double dutch with John Prine.   

Note to Naj - must find a polka shirt!  Bring comfortable shoes, an umbrella, and your fine sense of humor.  Lord, do not forget Brett!

WhooooooBaby, I gotta go now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...