Monday, February 20, 2012

John Prine - Icing Cheers!

Icing Cheers!
Photo Credit - The Ferguson Family
Celebration - Another Birthday For Janis

What a great picture doing icing cheers, I had never heard of icing cheers before this picture.  Only Prine Cheers!  The look on Noah's face (Janis's grandson), is priceless.  The cake looks delicious.  What a special birthday Janis had - she received Prine tickets to both Winnipeg and Vancouver.  In Winnipeg she will Prine with her fine husband, Brett; and her brother.  In Vancouver, they will be Prineing with me!  74 more days and we will be sitting in The Centre toe tappin', head noddin', John Prinein'. 

I will be scouting out the territory prior to the concert.  hmm...I know it well, I went to the Centre to see John Prine in October 2009 with Charlene Stevenson - another Prine friend.

Tomorrow, I purchase my bus ticket.  Holy Smucksville - what they fail to tell you on line...  I am thankful I telephoned the depot.  Fuel tax?  Not that I can purchase a ticket on line, but if you opt for that, there is a charge.  Every corporation/company out there has a charge for this, charge for that.

However, to this I must proceed.  I am not sure how many more Canadian concerts John Prine will - in a healthy way , be a toe tappin' (wear those find boots John) - able to do.  My word, he was born the same year as my Noisemaker - 1946.  I must say, Mr. Prine sings much better than my Noisemaker.  Maybe Mr. Prine should sing with me in Vancouver.  I could be wildly out on the street of Robson or Homer - viola - see John Prine.  Trust me, I do not run wild - but eh, I will be on Homer or Robson singing.  I will certainly be at the entrance of the concert hall when they are loading in the equipment.  I am hunting down a certain guitar player that rounds out the John Prine concert, and it is not Jason Wilber (he is the ones that plays everything else), it is David Jacques.  I need his autograph to complete my Hatch Prine Print.  I lost him last time. 

Counting the dots......74 more days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...