Monday, February 27, 2012

John Prine~Prinebonafilled!

Today, I woke up feeling like I was going to be seeing John Prine in concert tomorrow.  I was very excited and the feeling has lingered in my head like I was visiting a fine, laced bra factory.  Not that I would visit a bra factory, but you know - all that pretty lace, all nice colors, a rainbow of activity.  Yep, I Prine and visit the bra factory all in one paragraph.  Smucksville.

I was wondering what John Prine might sing in Vancouver (oh did I tell ya - May 5th Vancouver), wondering what songs I would like to hear.  I thought of Humidity Built The Snowman...but I quickly went on to another Prine, giggled and thought to myself, I have enough snow during the year, I do not need be thinking of snow in May. 

I have always taken a shine to the song Paradise to which John Prine closes his concerts with - or at least in the mega concerts (hahaha), I have attended he did.  I also thought - oh maybe John would spring at new song in Vancouver as spring will have certainly sprung in that part of British Columbia. 

I think John Prine has a spring to his step.  I truly feel he is in tune with his fans, the people that enjoy his music.  I recall the 2005 concert when he brought out the big white.  Holy Smucksville, I thought - oh Johnny - this is good! 

I wondered today if John Prine is like Noisemaker - does he forget things?  I laughed.  Noisemaker is slightly older than John Prine - both born in 1946.  I came to the conclusion both forget 'things' - just different things.  Like John Prine can forget some words to a song he wrote.  Noisemaker can forget what he got up from the couch to do. 

As we all age, I hope I am on the side of grace in the age factor.   We all do forget things.  We all want to remember the people and circumstances that touched our minds, warmed our hearts, and made us sing.  To me, this is John Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...