Friday, February 3, 2012

Hospital Waiting Room

Today, I had to sit with Noisemaker while he awaited for tests.  It is so far, nothing serious - preventative, I hope.  We enter the waiting room, Noisemaker got his number and then we plunk, sit, and wait.

I sat beside a gentleman, who could be fighting in the UFC, he was a big man - he toppled me X10.  No problem,  His number is called.  We are waiting, I am loosing my patience.  Noisemaker is reading a magazine on fishing.  A woman walks in - searching.  I asked her are you looking for someone, she replies - the big guy.  I got it - tell her, he is in for testing now.  She takes to sit a spell, I know she is on the side of worry.  Noisemaker says to me - oh look - Bev and blah, blah, blah about some fishing thing.  I reply, Gary - I cannot read it.  I do not have my glasses.  The woman waiting for heavyweight starts to laugh.  I look at her - she goes on to tell me ....

I do not mean to laugh but last night my husband suffered an ear ache. I went to the medicine chest and thought I was retrieving the correct pill...I entered the bedroom, he turned on the light - looked at the medicine.  It was a suppository.  I did not have my glasses. 

We both laughed so hard - everyone was looking at us, we did not care.  It was a happy, happy, - release the stress moment - and that we had - and I never told her about John Prine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...