Friday, December 9, 2011

Paradise - John Prine

Yesterday evening my brother telephoned to wish me a Happy Birthday.  We chatted about The Singing Mailman Delivers and agreed that Paradise for us was the best song.  Agreed that all songs were good.  As I have written previously my brother, Wesley is a retired mailman - he is enjoying his retirement - enjoying his grandchildren.  My word, he got out of pounding the pavement at 55, he did well.

So as we are chatting his telephone started to fade away.  He tells me he will recharge and call me back at 7:30.  Okay - 7:30 - ring, ring, ring goes the telephone.  I said; hello and hear this blast of Paradise, I laugh.  Wesley gets on the telephone and starts in - he says Bev I have some new neighbors; they are good folks - from Poland.  The fellow plays guitar so I invited them over for some guitar playing and beers.  I replied, well isn't that nice to play guitar with friends.  Wesley says - I asked him if he knew of John Prine.  The fellow did not answer, but pick up his guitar and starts playing Paradise - singing in the Polish language.  Wesley then tries to imitate this language,  I laughed so hard I was nearing to pee myself.  Imagine singing Polish Paradise.  I swear Paradise is global/international - it is golden.  Way to go - John Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...