Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Baking - Peanut Butter Creams

First time I have made this recipe and I certainly would make it again.  If you like peanut butter and peanuts; this recipe is for you - and you do not have to bake it!

Peanut Butter Creams

1 egg
2 cups icing sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon butter - (butter,not margarine) - softened
3/4 cup finely chopped salted peanuts

Using an electric mixer, beat egg slightly in a mixer bowl.  Beat in 1 cup of the sugar, add salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter.  Stir in remaining sugar and mix well.  If necessary, add more icing sugar to make firm enough to handle.  Shape mixture into 1 inch balls; rolls balls in peanuts.  Refrigerate. 

Makes 3 dozens candies.

There is just Noisemaker and I - these candies did not last too long and there was no 'sweet song' playing.  I will be making these again, very soon!  Melting Moments, I think I should be baking next, oh they do melt in your mouth. 

Note - the ingredient of butter - it is butter - do not use margarine or some low cal pukeolla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...