Saturday, September 24, 2011

Let There Be Peace

Such a noisy morning I have had.  Not due to Noisemaker but due to my stereo blasting neighbor down the road.  I was so mad this morning; I telephoned the police. 

I went outside around 5:20 this morning only to hear boom, boom, boom.  I tried, calmly to sit and have my morning cigarette and coffee.  I thought to myself this is enough for me, I have had enough of the blasting noise.  I waited till near 7:30 a.m. and telephone the police detachment that handles our mountain side jurisdiction.

I explained my situation and an officer was to return my call.  He did, a Constable Ferguson; we had a nice conversation.  I explained to him I have nothing against music, I listen to it all the time.  I was going to start in on John Prine but decided that perhaps would be too much for the Constable to handle :)    The issue I have is why does it have to be played blasting at 5 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon.  I cannot hear myself think and I do not/will not accept this as neighborly behavior.

The police officer says to me they shall be telephoning my blasting neighbor, I replied well, you can't he does not have a telephone.  The fine Ferguson officer tells me he shall pay my neighbor a vist.  I thanked him for his time; that I appreciated it.  I hope the coming week will bring some peace, some peace and quiet.

Beautiful autumn day on the mountain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...