Monday, July 11, 2011

A Day On The Mountain Side

If anyone can identify this flower, well - you won't be winning a prize!  Never had this before, the seeds must have blown in with the wind.  The stem is fuzzy, much like a poppy.  Under the orange blossom the 'about to blossom' buds are purple in color.  The white buds you see in the photo are shasta daisys.  They grow everywhere on the mountain side.

A funny thing happened with our wildlife friend, the squirrel.  She comes to visit the feeder two/three/sometimes four times a day.  Yesterday, Noisemaker left the door to the wood shed open.  He walks in there and there is squirrel chewing on the big huge Rubbermaid container which is filled with bird seed.  There is not much left of the container lid.  I did contact Rubbermaid to see perhaps I could purchase a new lid - no answer as yet, but I just did that this morning.  The squirrel came back this morning but Noisemaker did the sho-sho-sho ~ off with you dance.  The squirrel maintained her balance.

Noisemaker is busy building a railing on the deck, we needed to do this for house insurance purposes.  He currently has the rails built (toot, toot, toot) and is now working on the hand rail.  I went to the store this morning and when I came home I noted the hand rail was up.  Noisemaker was out in the aluminum shed, but I thought eh, give it a try.  Yep, I tried it allright, holy smucksville it was not attached yet.  So the post went flying off its' perch.  Oh, luck was on my side, I was able to catch it before it hit the ground.  Noisemaker comes around the corner and says, it was not attached as you have found out.  I replied, yes, yes, it is not damaged.  I made a leap for it and was able to snag it and then I giggled forever.  Noisemaker shook his head.  I laughed somemore.

Now for news of John - well, he is on vacation.  I do not know where, but he isn't here on the mountain side.  I cannot understand why.  I could take him fishing.  Although, I do not do worms and I do not clean fish - we would have a fine, Prine time.  I could bake up brownies; do up supper in the slow cooker, bake bread - oh Johnny look what you are missing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...