Monday, June 27, 2011

The Wooden Heart and The Angel

As some of you may know, on the mountain side we have many pine beetle trees.  The beetles burrow in the trees and cause a faint blue tinge to the wood.  When I see something to which has character, I keep it.  Here is the Wooden Heart.  Neil may have the Heart of Gold, but I have a wooden heart!  Next to the heart is a wood knot that pop out of a log to which we had fell.  Can you see the angel, she's a bit cracked, but she is there.  She is my Angel From Montgomery (John Prine)
Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go




No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...