Wednesday, June 1, 2011

hmm...Wood

I worked so hard today on wood, I am near spent.  After two solid hours, finally Noisemaker awoke ~ compliments on the work I have done.  I explained to him, this wood is not good - it is poor quality.  My take it has been laying on the ground for five years and these folks are peddling it off - I do not want any part of it.  I tell Noisemaker to call 'em up - tell them we do not want anymore - cease and desist. 

If I wanted pinebeetle wood, I can get it for free, my neighborville is filled with pinebeetle wood.  For those who are not acquainted with pinebeetle wood well, google it.  You will find everything and more ~ and soon enough it will be spread across North America.

After five hours of dealing with wood and fighting the itch to scratch the bug bites from yesterday, well, let me tell you, I am in one heck of a bitter mood. 

The only happy moments I had outside dealing with the wood today, was trying to make that splitter sound like Jason Wilbers' guitar - you know when he plays with John Prine - and of course, his concerts also.  Too funny, I struck up the song Long Monday - only made it long Wednesday.  I proceeded to Blow Up Your TV/...lalala eat a lot of peaches, and Jesus - look down on me with the win of lotto.  Please.

After Noisemakers' dealings with the wood, he understands what I am saying.  Noisemaker called to the wood people and said STOP.  The folks were not available so a message was left.  Good grief, I walk up to the mail boxes and here the truck comes, filled with the same sh*t wood I received yesterday.  I could not speak.  I stomp back down the path to the house, said to Noisemaker - you deal with it.

For those folks who are not acquainted with wood - (good lord, M. Wood on the shrine - www.jpshrine.org )  I would take you any day, hmmm, Wood.  I know you are a better branch/twig of wood than what I have seen today.

Noisemaker tells the wood people, the wood is bunk.  Bunk is not in reference to a bunk bed.  Bunk is wood that has been laying on the ground rotting.  The fellow becomes very upset and goes back to his truck, door a slammin' - and goes off.

I say good riddens to bad rubbish.  I am getting far too old to be taken advantage off.  I am getting very tired of living on the mountain side, I am near spent.

However, tomorrow is another day - I will awake (hopefully) and join up with my nature buddies and proceed.

Last but not least, the tune of the day on the splitter - Old Dogs and Children - and Wadermellon Wine.

It took me years to get the Wadermellon Wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...