Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Way I Write/The 'Ville'

As many of you know, I am well acquainted with Ville. Smucksville, Doville ~ I can easily make any word into a ville. Ville started when my grandchildren started to learn language. I did not want to curse in front of them. The birth of Holy Smucksville. Share the 'Ville'.

There are lots of Villes in the USA. I mean towns/cities. Today, I received a letter from Fogelsville, PA - USA. I had to laugh - it is a ville thing - only acquainted with the writer.

The way I write, I post ~ is exactly the way I speak. I fumble around with words and spelling, just like I did in grade one.

I remember, in grade one I sang solo at the christmas concert - Away In A Manger. I stood there on stage - I saw my Mom and Dad - my Dad wave to me. I took a second - I waved back - proceeded to sing.

Now, years later, I am still singing. I am one lucky lady - I Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...