Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kokanee


There are two different types of kokanee.


One is fish, a kokanee salmon.



The other is a beer.


Our property - well, the front yard is a creek. The kokanee salmon spawn here every September. It truly is a sight to behold. I can sit there for hours, watching the fish, watching the eagles. When the kokanee are not spawning they are a silver-gray color. When they are spawning; they are orange/red like the picture. Kokanee fish are also caught in Colorado.


I have never fished for Kokanee, I would rather just watched them spawn.


The fishing I have done for beer has been that of rummaging through a cooler!


Currently, at the creek there are many eagles, they are fishing. We are hoping to join up with them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...