Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Hearts Day

My Happy Hearts wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day.

I think Neil Young is having a very Happy Valentines Day - he won his first Grammy last night at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards. I saw a photo of him and his wife, Peggy. I have to say for what Neil has been through; he is looking very well.

How about Ray LaMontagne; he won a Grammy for Best Contemporary Folk Album.

Yes, for the subject of Hearts Day - I can understand how some folks would find this day depressing. The way of the world figures that everyone should have a partner and I agree with that somewhat. I think everyone should be thankful their heart is still beating.

As soon as a I finish this off, I am off to have some porch time. That translates to - I am going to have a cigarette. I was thinking the other day and patting myself on the back. I figure I have not done too bad in decreasing my intake of cigarettes. Currently, I am sitting at 10/day. Somedays are 12; somedays are 6.

It is dark out on the porch and there is nothing out there but me and the stars. Sometimes I can hear animals off in the distance. Sometimes the animals are too close for comfort and that forces me to butt out quickly and hurry back into the house. Out there on the porch; it is my quiet time - I contemplate. Somedays, I go out there just to giggle, sing, and do a few dance steps and I think today come first light that is what I shall do.

Song for the Day - Be My Valentine~ Nils Lofgren

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...