Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Winter Wonderland?

Some folks would call where I live a winter wonderland, I call it he*l on earth. It snowed 4" overnight and the wind is 16 strong winds not Four Strong Winds. I was out to shovel, well, as best as I could - lord, it hurts my wrists lifting that snow filled shovel. I neglected to put my long johns on the first time around; oh my how I paid. I have allergy to cold, I break out in hives. As soon as I felt it coming on I raced down the path and got my long john attire on, rested and headed back out.

I walked up to the roadway and here comes the plough boys, I cursed under my breath. He is a gentleman, the driver ploughboy - he yelled at me, Sorry. I waved, smiled, and cursed under my breath again.

Our local weather forecast says we are going to receive five days of snow and near -25 degrees. I am will probably freeze in the white stuff while shovelling it.

ah, but tomorrow night is Lotto Max night, I bought a ticket - now could you all lotto pray for me, please! Oh, while you are praying for that - pray to the god of cold and snow - tell him to cease and desist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...