Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween you little pumpkins! Reminds me of a song by John Prine - Daddy's Little Pumpkin.

We have never had any treaters since we moved here; however, I always prepare a little something just in case. Well, it is rather a big something because should someone arrive they would receive a chocolate bar, a bag of chips, and a can of pop!

On Friday in the mail I received an envelope - I recently one a prize through a contest I entered. I won a lipstick and a mascara (high end make up; nothing that I would purchase). It is lovely and I so wanted to try it out, but I had no where to go. I thought, what the heck, I dolled myself up and thought to go out to see the eagles and ducks.

I came out of the bathroom and noisemaker says to me - where are you going - I replied - I am going to see the birds. He says - with make up on? Well, of course, I said - where else would I go with make up on except to see the birds. Like duh, my sweet, duh . . .

Another beautiful day here; the birds have been a beautiful site to watch. The eagles and herons especially. There are flocks of ducks that seem to quack forever; I quack along with them and of course, I break for a giggle.

Photo - Reeda Buresh - www.jpshrine.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...