Thursday, September 16, 2010

So Happy, I Am

It is so nice to have a brand new computer. I am loading programs in and soon all will be on the side of normal.

My days without the computer were spent stacking wood and splitting wood. We had 3 cords of wood delivered - hell, I was seeing wood in my dreams. We have about 1 cord left to do before the snow flys. It is a big job for the noisemaker and I. However, I have two new degrees to add to my resume - Professional Wood Stacker and Professional Wood Splitter. I will be, as noisemaker will be - glad when it is all finished, stacked and split in the woodshed.

I also have started on 7 new rodeo candles. Wow - the wood is very nice. I have the wood done, the horseshoes cleaned - I have to krylon up the shoes. Then place everything together. Maybe by that time I will have the camera hooked up so I can post photos.

Tomorrow John Prine will be in Madison - it will be the concert of the year. I have a friend who lives in Madison - Charlene. She, of course, will be in attendance waving her banner high, toe tappin', john prinein'....and doing the paradise wave when the song Paradise is played. Oh Johnny. I will be wearing my I Heart Johnny t-shirt tomorrow; so as I can think I am there *she does the paradise wave* - says oh johnny. . .Reeda and her husband will be there also, along with RuthAnn and the sisters (to which I cannot remember their names). I will be there in Prine spirit. I wish I could meet you all; one day I will.

Oh yes, I near forgot - the cows are still running wild. I was told that I am not to yell at the cows. Smucksville, did I have words for the person that tried to put that big pie on me. That is pure hogwash.

The deer are visiting every morning. A doe with her twins - geez, they are so cute. Also two bucks (they're big boys) are hanging around looking for ladies to court. Two chipmonks have come to feed in the bird feeder, the lil darlins. All the animals - I tell you, you just want to hug them - they are family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...