Friday, September 17, 2010

It Is A Beautiful Day

I was out splitting wood before sunrise this morning; there was just me and one lone female deer. It was peaceful, very peaceful. At first light the herons came by ready to fetch on in a fish or two. The kokanee fish are easy for them to catch, they have a great feast as do the eagles.

Noisemaker is trying to install the photo program, I do not think he is having much luck as when I went to see the photos I took yesterday ... hmm.... it is a blank folder. Sometimes I think he is blank in the category of the mind. But, eh - he is trying his best.

Today is John Prine ~ Madison. While I was outside splitting wood I was singing that song, I call it the Numbers Song....that one with 6 million....33 lights on. It is titled I Ain't Hurtin' Nobody, I think. Anyway, I changed up the words to say...you think that people would get the words right to Johns' songs. Then, I had major giggles. I laughed so hard I had to lean on the splitter and hold my stomach. I proceeded to dance a step or two; do the hula.

My friend, Chad - he and his wife-to-be are off to the Bristol Folk Festival this weekend - great line up. Bristol - in Virginia - and that is far, far from me!

I am happy for all the music happening this weekend - happy, too for the folks celebrating birthdays. Rumbleshorts and Knik - Happy Birthday. Rumble - I will give you a separate post tomorrow. I have to try and locate up a photo for you.

Great Days, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...