Friday, August 20, 2010

Neil Young and The Bat

I recently received from my brother - Neil Young - Under Review 1966-1975 and I was able to watch it this morning. I did want peace to watch it however, Noisemaker saw to it; that was not to be. Where are those flingers when I need them!

Under Review is good, a good documentary. I was impressed to see the Canadian Flag flying at the beginning of the dvd. Neil has had many dark side moments/hours/days/weeks in his life, this tells of them; it does not hide the dark side of Neil Young. It portrays the intensity Neil has for his music; how Neil never wanted to be 'with the crowd' but rather explore other avenues ~ as he does today.

~~~

Generally in the evening between 8 and 9 p.m. I will stroll on out to the porch to have my last cigarette of the evening. Last night, on my routine of the day, I stroll porch side. Calmly I sit and have a cigarette, I was not aware of anything unusual. I came into the house and went off to bed. About 10 minutes later, I hear all this commotion happening. I go out to the living room find Noisemaker flappin' about - arms a-wavin' but not saying anything. I asked, what are you doing? He says - there is a 'fn' bat in the house. I covered my head immediately and said where...here - he says. It was on the chimney. Lord have mercy, I closed all the doors and Noisemaker opened the door to the outside. He (Noisemaker) danced trying to shoooooshoooshooo the scared, little frightened bat away. The bat flew out the door, he was happy; so were we. Apparently, when I opened the door, I brought the bat in with me.

One BAT in the household is enough. That BAT being me. B.A.T. are my initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...