Monday, August 2, 2010

The Bird House Hotel

The Bird House Hotel has risen and is vacant. Geez, it was a tough go trying to raise it yesterday. The darn thing weighs about 125 lbs. Noisemaker and I gave it whirl, hell - I would have rather danced then to tangle with it.

We lifted it up, what Noisemaker was thinking, I do not know. I think he was trying to kill me, I was on the top end and I am not top heavy. Good grief, I could feel myself giving way to the load and the dam bird house came crashing right on top of me! Lord have mercy. I thought of Jesus on that cross, holy smucksville, they must have been tough on up guys to load him, nail him to the cross...way out of my jurisdiction!

I was afraid for my wrists, I was afraid for the birdhouse. Nothing was broken, all was intact and secure.

I went over to the seasonal folks and asked for two strong men. They came, it is raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...