Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Miss You

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of my Mom, geez - I miss her so.

So sad, it is. All I can do is just sit and cry for a spell - I do this every year.

My Mom had the sweetest smelling lipstick, I still remember the scent. Her lipstick was always placed atop of the bathroom sink.

When she was nearing the passing stage, my Mom called me - told me here ducks were in order - told me what dress she wanted for her funeral (the boys will never find it), - told me the jewels she wished to be buried with. I contacted my brother and gave her wishes. They were able to find the dress, they found everything.

At the viewing, my brother - Wesley went first. He came back and said to me - she does not have lipstick on. Noisemaker and I went to the funeral home. I took all the lipsticks I had with me. The funeral director came in...I said, can we please put some lipstick on my Mom - she always wore lipstick. The funeral director went and got a lipstick brush, I painted a pinkish/reddish lipstick on my Mom's lips.

I stepped back and cried my eyes out knowing full well the next person to visit my Mom would be my Dad.

I step back now, to the porch - and Mom ~ this cigarette is for you - I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...