Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Home Smells Delightful

Supper tonight is pork roast and gravy, a new recipe I am sporting.

Wow - the aroma is ...well, makes you want to dig in and enjoy!

The recipe is:

2 1/2 lb. pork roast, trimmed
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup water

In a large fry pan, lightly brown pork roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker*. In small bowl, combine onion soup mix, cream soup, and water - stir well and pour over pork. Cover and cook for 7 - 8 hours on low until tender.

* I place peeled and cut up potatoes in the slow cooker first, then add the pork/gravy mixture.

Geez, I only have three more hours to taste - I can't wait. The aroma is devine. Now if I only had some new John Prine :)

I find it amazing how I can turn any post into a relation with John Prine...not all could qualify for this position, ya have to live on a mountain side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...