Friday, June 11, 2010

The Big Door Prize(s)

Thank you Diana for the photo.

My granddaughter, Kayla (11) and I (54) the day we won the prize baskets at our community bake sale.

I received two prints from Diana. I am going to purchase two frames and mail one off for Kayla, keep one for myself. I also received the write-up that was published in our community paper to which I will send for Kayla.

She will be beaming when she receives it. I emailed to my stepson (her Dad) the write-up, etc. He replied ~ Thanks, Bev - I am not giving anything for Kayla now, we will wait until your parcel arrives. She is going to love this. ~

Probably as much as I love it. To be 11 years old, come to Gramma's home and win the kids prize basket is a treasure she will remember forever.

I recall us singing in Spite of Ourselves after we brought our prize baskets home...'honey we got the big door prize' and then we would wink and hi5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...