Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit!

oh Happy Days. My grandkids are coming to visit this weekend (it is a long weekend in Canada). Such fun we will have. The oldest (16) grandson will not be coming as he has some girlfriend commitment and that is what should be. The other two Jaden (13) and Kayla (11) well we will have a marathon of the Go Fish game, play the coin game, and maybe if the weather holds an outdoor game of Survivor. When we play the Go Fish game, they invent rules just as we do when we play Survivor.

Our community is also having the annual bake sale this Sunday, it is a big event here. It will be the first time I get to take the grandkids to it. There is a free raffle for the kids; if you win it is a huge basket full of toys and goodies. I hope one of my grandkids wins - that would be so special. There is also a raffle for adults - another big basket full of food - canned goods, cake mixes - the first year we were here on the mountain side, I won it! It is valued near $150.00.

I have special treats for the grandkids too. Treats they do not get at home - fruits twists, fruit rolls up, homemade cookies and of course, always I have, Bean Casserole. Saturday, a big 12 lb. ham I am cooking along with mushroom potatoes.

So tomorrow I will be kitchen bound. Baking up a storm for the bake sale; I have the banana chocolate chip loaves already done. I will be doing chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and four of the honey pecan loaves.

Lordy, if On Stage & In Person arrives tomorrow/Friday I will have to use the mobile cd thing and tuck it on in my apron. It'll be love, I love aprons and I love John Prine! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...