Sunday, April 4, 2010

Israel Kamakawio'ole


geez, I hope I have spelled the name correctly.
He is no longer with us - death came in 1997.
He sang a most touching, beautiful song - Somewhere Over The Rainbow. You will fine peace, it is serene.
I had heard the song a long time ago, but did not know the singer. Today I watched a program on OasisHD on Hawaii - finally acknowledged the singer. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
You can find him on youtube. Type in 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow - IZ' and you should receive. I am on dial up so youtube is notube for me. If anyone gets it, could you post and let me know what you thought - thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...