Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Don't Have A Subject

I don't have a subject, I have many. Of course, I could post and new subject - but eh, time is precious, like us all.

I did not get to view the Elvis Costello Bruce Springsteen - part one. Noisemaker had to watch some program on Hilter. I have, I hope reserved the tv for the part two viewing on May 1st.

We went to the village today, the doctors' appointment. I am a small picture of health. My bone structure is good. I have a 20% chance in 20 years of breaking a bone - that is as long as I do not fall on my perch. The doctor in charge, well - he understands - how I broke the wrist. The dancing on ice with no control swing dance. Now, if I can have clear sailing with my beating heart and decrease on the cigarette smoking - lordy - I'll be prinein' forever.

At the drugmart today, I noticed a sad, little girl in a motorized wheelchair. She smiled at me. I returned the smiled, waved, and noticed a man near to her. I said hello and waved. The young girl started to make sounds - the man walked away - I walked towards her. I waved, I said holy doodle, it is a stormy day out there. She sort of lowered her head and said words. I could not understand them but I proceeded. I holy doodled for a minute or so, she did sounds, the man came back. He nodded at me - said thanks. I said, it is nice to be acknowledged, to be said hello to, nodded.

I removed myself from the store, went to the vehicle, and cried.

Sometimes, you think you have not played your cards right or left in life. Then you see someone who never got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...