Monday, March 22, 2010

The Peavey

The peavey is a tool used for logging, we have one. I have never used it, I can't even lift it. My fine neighbor, Chris comes to borrow the tool on a regular basis. He came the other day to borrow it, noisemaker said - it is in the woodshed, for him to get it and return on the side of pronto. I went about my lady bug chores, noisemaker returned to the tv set. Suddenly noisemaker leaps out off the couch and says what is all the yelling? Well, this I do not know of - but I wait - yep - there is yelling and it is not womens world curling yelling hurry, hard, hurry, hurry on tv. Noisemaker and I run to the door - outside we run only to fine our fine neighbor has got himself locked up in the woodshed. He was all gourd up and could not find the unlocking rope. We bring him back to daylight and he replies to us - why thank you, it is dark in there, I could have been there until Christmas - with no food. I departed - my stomach, my lips are about to burst forth with laughter.
Four hours later, I said to the noisemaker - no sign of the peavey - ya best go get it. The peavey retails for near $200. Noisemaker walks over - there is our fine peavey laying still in the rain - not even a saddle. He brought it back to the shed. Noisemaker will be making big time noise with this issue of Chris and the peavey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...