Monday, March 1, 2010

In Prine Paradise Spirit

ah, Paradise. I have had several folks ask me why 'paradise' is included in my lil bit/slip of a blog. Paradise is here because I can relate to Paradise in various ways. Several people where I reside (with the noisemaker) call this Paradise. Several artists have songs titled Paradise - to note John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, The Supremes (minus Diana Ross); some just have Paradise in their lyrics like the Eagles.

Paradise - the song written by John Prine will always be my favorite John Prine song. I can relate to it. When I was a young girl, my family would travel west to a small town where my Dad's brother/family lived. I loved the time spent there.

Paradise - in Prine spirit - that is where I go to John Prine concerts - like the upcoming Nashville concert at the Ryman. The day of a special concert, I wear some John Prine, like a sweat shirt or now with the busted wing, the John Prine undershirt. It is not really an undershirt, it is a tank top.

When I busted my wing, I was wearing my John Prine Live sweatshirt - yep - them nurses were near going to cut it off at the elbow - smucksville - cease and desist order, I placed on them. I saved it.

To all - your Paradise is there; it is waiting for you. It wings on in when you least expect it. Open your arms up - you'll catch it, I know you will, I have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...