Sunday, December 6, 2009

Red Velvet - Duncan Hines

I am still in the glory of winning a slight bit of the lotto - geez, I am thrilled.

Our ladies auxiliary is having the annual christmas party this coming Wednesday - oh it is great fun! We eat, drink, and be merry. The wine is free and let me tell ya, them ladies can drink it like it is bubbling up from a fountain. I am not a wine drinker; so I take a few cans of beer - being the lil bit of a lumberjack I am.

There is lots of food, we sing carols and have a gift exchange -we play a few games and everyone wins a prize. Everyone brings a donation of canned goods to which is loaded up and distributed to families in need in our local area.

This year for the party, I am going to bring Red Velvet Cupcakes (thanks for the mixes, SE) with a butter cream icing and sprinkles will abound! I love that butter cream, it is like whipped cream (industrial strength), you can just eat it straight from the bowl, you really do not need a cupcake :) The cupcake is just a nice addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...