Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Neil Percival Kenneth Ragland Young

I cannot wait nor sit any longer to wish Neil Young a Happy Birthday - smucksville he is 64 tomorrow! Somewhere on earth is must be passed 12 p.m.

Neil was born in Toronto, Ontario to Rassy and Scott Young. He is an artist, a musician, and an activist. For some reason, unknown to me, he has been cast with the title - the Godfather of Grunge. He spent his teenage or somewhat thereof, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The photo you see above is thanks to Phil Parlapiano (god, I like that name - everytime I see it, I think I should be at a parlor playing piano). Phil has played on several John Prine songs. See more at http://www.parlapiano.com/

Bill Bonk - http://www.billbonk.com/

Rowland Salley - http://www.rowlandsalley.com/

In the center of the photo is a very young, handsome John Prine, standing next to a Young, Neil.


Here is a photo, somewhat recent of Neil Young. Still flashing the peace sign. Neil will be honored as the 2010 MusiCares Person Of The Year on January 29th, 2010. To appear is Emmy Lou Harris, K.D. Lang, John Mellancamp, James Taylor, Crosby-Stills-Nash, to name a few.

Happy Birthday, Neil




2 comments:

  1. I do not know the year this photo was taken, I should have asked Phil...anyone care to guess? My guess is 1971?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of emails on this post - not here, private. 1971 near a shoe in a John Prine boot!
    size 8.

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...