Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ben

In August of 2005 I attended the John Prine concert in Vancouver. During the intermission, as I strolled outside I spotted this gentleman. Of course, I did not know who he was. Later that evening I spotted him again standing outside the venue waiting for John Prine.

Two months later on the mountain side I was out walking and noticed a van, the folks looking like they may need some aide. I stopped and chatted with them; there was an elderly couple and the fellow here in the picture. They were looking at properties, so I invited them down to the creek. We strolled on down and while we were viewing creekside, the elder gentleman says 'this is paradise'. I replied, yes it is just like the paradise written by one of my favorite singers. The younger gentleman looks at me and says, John Prine. He remembers me from the concert.

At the most recent Prine concert for me (October 2009) I stroll on out to the backalley. I look around and there is Ben. I yell over - Ben. A prine reunion is held, it is a prine moment, it is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...