Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Clock

For some years now, I have been working on making a pine beetle (our gift to the USA) clock for the next time I meet John Prine. It was my intention to make
1 - One Red Rose
3 - For A Quarter
6 - Six O'Clock News
9 - Nine Pound Hammer

I purchased some fishing rods tic tocks - the arms that show the time and I already had a ticker.

You can see from the formation of the wood how this would work. Actually, it was the noisemaker who took the fancy to this piece of wood. I had told John Prine married up to a fine lady from Ireland. Hence, he thought of the clover. A five leaf clover, it is my belief, it the utmost good luck.

He cut the slab, I sanded and varnished it all up - made it look like what you see in the picture. Can you see the formation of 1 to 12 - the hours, I am making reference to?

I understand that John Prine is not accepting anymore gifts, he has enough. That is ok, I just wanted to share.

Share, I will ~ you know, when I get my picture taken with John Prine - 09.10.16

oh yes, the christmas lights you see in the picture - yep - we keep them up all year round.

3 comments:

  1. One gift John would accept... a day of fishin' in Canada. Batter fried and sizzzzzzzlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot figure that out, why won't he come up to the lake, teehee. I am afraid the closest I will get to fishin' with John Prine is the fish you see here jumpin' out of the cuckoo clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking piece of wood! Why don't you go ahead and finish the clock for yourself to enjoy? It would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...